|A Mid-Year’s Resolution|
| Well, we are now officially over halfway through the year. How’s it going so far? The end of summer and the beginning of fall is the perfect time to take a quick look back. If you’ve stuck with your resolutions/goals/new habits, great job!! Keep it up! If you’ve slacked a little bit and haven’t quite stuck to what you wanted, then I have the perfect solution:|
Create a Mid-Years Resolution
Whether that means picking up again what you started at the beginning of the year or trying something completely new, it’s still the new year! You haven’t missed it and you haven’t wasted another year. Buckle down, get serious about your commitment (whatever that may be) and finish strong through the rest of this year. You only have a few months to go, and what you start today will be a habit by 2020. So take a few (or 20) minutes, evaluate your life, home, habits, etc and decide where you can make a change. Then create that end-year goal and make it happen.
Eating an Elephant Monthly Newsletter
Fall Check List
Hello August and hello transitioning from summer to fall. Whether you’re already feeling the change in the weather or are still battling scorching heat, August means changing your mind set from summer vacation to school, colder weather and bundling up inside on cozy nights!
Here’s a little “to do” list to get you ready for a great and organized fall!
- Begin to go through summer clothes/items and create a “donate” pile for those you want to get rid of. This can mean summer clothes you didn’t wear at all, clothes and sandals that won’t fit your children next summer and other summer items that are just collecting dust. Why let them take up time and space?
- Clean out your oven and microwave. Those 2 areas get used a lot more in the colder months than they do in the warm summer months so make sure they’re ready for whatever you bring at them this year!
- Did you go on a summer vacation? Go through your pictures now and organize/store them however you want (digitally or in a bin or book).
- Clean up your outdoor areas – this includes pruning whatever needs to be cleaned up before it gets too cold, all outdoor sitting areas and fire pits.
- Check your heating system to make sure it’s working properly. In the moment, it seems like there’s nothing worse than waking up in the middle of the night feeling like an icicle because the heat went out!
This isn’t a long list, and I’m sure there’s more you have to do to prep for fall, but completing this list now will make the next couple months a lot easier for you and your family! Get to it!